Pages

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Bishops Chocolate Pie

This is a super easy recipe that Bri made all by herself for the first time last week. We usually only have it twice a year, once at Thanksgiving and again at Christmas but Bri asked to try her hand at it and I was not one to turn her down, I love this pie!!!

Bishops Chocolate Pie

1 pre-baked and completely cooled pie crust
2 cups softened vanilla ice cream
2/3 cup of half and half
1 package instant chocolate pudding
1 small tub of whipped cream
1 small Hershey bar, in shavings

Beat the ice cream and half and half together. Mix in a small package of instant chocolate pudding and pour into the prepared pie crust. Chill until firm. Top with whipped cream and Hershey bar shavings.

Our notes: It doesn't take long for it to firm in the refrigerator, just 15'ish minutes if you don't let the ice cream soften too much. We use up to a whole tub of whipped cream and instead of a Hershey bar we sprinkle about 1/4 cup of semi-sweet mini chocolate chips over the top. We usually have some on hand anyway and I really don't like shaving the chocolate bar, whether we used a knife or veggie peeler it was always a messy business...

3 comments:

  1. That's a great recipe! I'm going to make it with my girls! I'll let ya know how it goes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this pie!!!

    ;)

    I'm anxious to hear how it turns out Nadine!

    ReplyDelete