Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2008

My Least Favorite Part of Couponing...

Filing the coupons :P...


I dislike it so badly that I often have a few weeks to file at a time which is a big mess!
Believe it or not, by the time I was done they all fit nice and neatly into my little black couponing box. I file them in several categories (dairy, baby products, paper products, etc) with one envelope per category and I file them by expiration date in the envelopes. It is kind of tedious to do (though it wouldn't be nearly as bad if I would just do it every week!) but it makes them super easy to find and every week as I file the new ones the expired/ing ones are right at the front of each envelope to throw away or as a reminder to use them very soon if the are good enough to use even without a sale.
But it is worth it :).
Here is what we got on our shopping trip a few weeks ago...
(especially note all of the "free" chocolate!)



Total value of all of the product: $343.17
Total we spent in Extra Care bucks(not including the many we simply rolled over), register rewards, and cash out-of-pocket: $23.63!
And the Extra Care Bucks we earned...



The next week we bought  several packages of diapers, sippy cups, and much more for a total of about five dollars spent and last week we were paid $6.00 to buy 10 bags of M&M's! We are set for popcorn and M&M nights for months!
Not bad...

6 comments:

  1. I knew it would be the filing!

    I also love that there's a strip of ExtraCare bucks for each of the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Shelby! I am glad to hear you and the baby are doing well!

    In Christ's Love,

    Christine

    www.christine-mary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anna! It is so much fun to watch the looks on the cashiers faces when those looong receipts start printing out :), so funny!

    Thanks Christine! I have seen that you have been catching some of the deals yourself, it can get kind of addicting if you're not careful :)! Thank so much for all of the info you sent me. I will be meeting with the midwife you sent me the website address for. There is one closer but I just liked the "feel" of that one so far. We'll see :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cleaned off my desk today and found a couple of inserts of coupons! Ugh! I though I was caught up! I guess I'll have two weeks worth again to file on Monday :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Shelby, that is so exciting about the midwife! She looked like a great "fit". She seems to be a lot like my midwife. How exciting! Blessings to you!

    Christine

    www.christine-mary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how you feel about filing coupons, I really don't like doing it at all. But it is so worth it with all the savings, Last week at CVS I got $200 worth of stuff for $6 and got back $34 in ecbs and this past Sunday I went and got $100 worth of stuff for $1.61 and got back $30.99. It is fun watching the cashier's face, and as long as they keep paying me for everything I will keep buying it. I gave my sister 3 bags of stuff and my day 1 bag. I do hope they come out with some more$/$$ coupons so I can get some more good deals. By the way your children are beautiful!!


    www.foxfamily4god.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete