Pages

Sunday, June 22, 2008

When Did That Happen ?!

Yesterday, as we were preparing for our walk, I ended up with one of my shoes and one of Bri's. As Bethi went to find my other shoe Tori mentioned how similar they looked in size and Bri said something along the lines of, "Ya, but they wouldn't fit her.". Just for fun I tried it on. And it went on. I didn't have to curl my toes, or chop any off and it really wasn't all that uncomfortable! I could have done some light shopping in them comfortably enough! When in the world did her feet get just about my size?! 

Times like these remind me of the fact that I'm quickly running out of time. In another ten years she'll be in her twenties and a lot could, and likely will, happen between now and then! There is so much I want to share with her and be sure she knows. From the need to trust in God fully, to grow in her personal relationship with him, to obey His commands, to cooking, sewing and putting her on the path to truly loving her future husband and children.

Whew...

That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed. ~Titus 2:4&5

3 comments:

  1. I know just what you mean! I'm in the same place, recently the thoughts have been coming to mind on how we really don't have that much time left, it has gone by fast and it won't be slowing down either. Praying for wisdom..... Bri looks like such a sweet young lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelby! It can definitely be overwhelming to see our little ones growing so fast. It seems like they really do grow overnight or something! I hope that I do not squander the time with my precious treasures and that I teach them what He wants them to know. I feel like there is so much to cover. I know the most important thing is that I just abide in Him; certainly He will make up for all that I lack. Blessings, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just stopping by for the first time and wanted to say how much I enjoyed your posts! You have a beautiful family. Blessings ~ Heather

    ReplyDelete