Pages

Saturday, June 17, 2006

On Babies, Birthdays, and Kings!

  Tuesday was Tori's first "Heavenly Birthday". We actually celebrated on Monday because Lee had to work all day Tuesday. We went to the zoo that afternoon, we get season passes so that is a favorite thing to do around here! That evening we had our traditional heavenly birthday cake, angel food cake, of course. We shape it round to signify His gift of eternal life, frost it white for the clean heart God gives us when we're born into His family, sprinkle it with hearts that remind us of God's love and flowers that remind us of new life, and a candle to remind us to let our lights shine among men :). We gave Tori her gift, her first "real" bible she can actually touch :)! For Christmas the girls got collectible bibles for their hope chests and Tori is CONSTANTLY wanting to get it out and peruse it, she was so excited to get a bible of her very own to have for "everyday". We have bibles all over the house, but we all know there is no bible like *your* bible :). On Tuesday we had our "Tuesday Tea" and I made muffins since we hadn't made them for "Muffin Morning Monday", Lee fixed us a "real" breakfast instead ;). We stuck a candle in it to sing again since that was her "real" day. Heavenly birthdays have been a very special tradition and I'm so glad we were able to start it when we did.
   Wednesday our littlest one turned 27 weeks :). We are now in the third trimester, the home stretch :). I can't believe how quickly the time is passing! Only 121/2 weeks to go until the due date. How exciting! I can't wait to see Bethi with a baby. She said baby for the first time today, actually it was "bay bay" :). I have an appointment on Monday and they will be doing the sugar test, yeah... after this I think all of the really unpleasant stuff will be behind me!
   Thursday I spent hours transferring home videos from our recorder to tapes, ugh...I've got to start getting to that more often! You should have seen poor Bethani try to figure out that one! She just sat in the middle of the living room floor looking from me to the TV wondering, I'm assuming of course: A) How did mommy get in the TV B) If she is in the TV than how is she still here with me C) Which one do I listen to?! Every time "mommy" on the TV would say something like "Come here, Bethani" she would look at me, look at the TV, and then get up and toddle over to me, it was so cute. Bri and Tori had more fun watching her than they did watching the videos!
   Yesterday and today have been spent in a flurry of activity getting ready for one of our favorite days of the year, the celebration of the king of our earthly abode, otherwise known as Father's Day :). Baking, crafting, wrapping, etc. What a blessing he is in our lives! He is a great father and a wonderful husband. I am so privileged to see our girls growing up with such a strong example of manhood to take with them into their "grown up" lives, what a difference it will make in the long run. My heart just melts watching all of the little ones "attack" him when he gets home :). Last night he didn't get home until the other two had gotten to bed but Bethi and I were cuddled on the couch and as soon as she heard his key in the lock her little eyes lit up and she started talking :). When he came over to tell her goodnight she wouldn't let him go :). So, daddy got to put her to bed last night. Do you ever wonder what you did to deserve the blessings you've been given? I'm having one of those moments right now :). Oh, that's right! I did nothing, it is all by God's grace...Praise God for His grace!!!
   Here's something to make you smile :). The other day Tori called to me from the living room while I was making supper and said, "You know what? God is an Everlasting God.". "You're right Tori, where did you hear that?" I asked out of curiosity, because I couldn't remember ever putting it that way to her before. "Because", she answered, "God is an Everlasting God because He never ends just like an Everlasting Gobstopper.". God can even use a fictional candy to teach His truths to a four year old :).
"Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; His understanding is unsearchable." ~Isaiah 40:28

No comments:

Post a Comment