Pages

Friday, June 30, 2006

My "Baby"


 Wednesday night Bethi went to sleep in her crib by herself for the first time and she was fine last night as well. She's been so restless the last couple of weeks as I would try to put her to sleep, like she couldn't get comfortable. I finally realized she was trying to tell me she was ready to bridge that mini-milestone. She's been putting herself back to sleep when she wakes in the middle of the night for many weeks now but I was continuing our bedtime routine out of habit. Just her way of making room for the new baby, I guess :). It was a bittersweet moment when I laid her down and she simply rolled over and got comfy, not even looking back as I left the room...sniff, sniff...I'll be O.K....
:).


2 comments:

  1. Recently Benjamin moved into the crib from the small crib and he is also sleeping in Nathaniel's room. That was a change and I felt sad at first too. They grow up so quickly.


    Bethani is cute. When is the due date for baby Andrew? Did I remember the right name? :)


    ReplyDelete
  2. you got the name right! He's due September 13th, the day after Bri's birthday :). She's hoping for a really neat birthday party at the hospital :), I wouldn't mind being a little earlier than that...on the other hand there is a lot of stuff I'd like to get done first...

    ReplyDelete