Pages

Friday, February 2, 2007

My Little Kitchen Helpers

   In honor of our 10th Anniversary tomorrow I decided to try something I have never done before, I'm making a cheesecake! This Double Chocolate Italian Cheesecake from Tammy's Recipes. Lee tried for years to get me to taste cheesecake but the whole cheese and cake in the same name was a real turn off to me, I couldn't imagine it would taste half-way decent. Kind of what I thought about carrot cake until I finally had some and I love it too. Yes, Lee likes cheesecake but he also likes pickles, lemons, and coconut (I do not...) so I didn't figure that was a safe way to bet. A couple of years ago I was finally served some at a friends house and, not wanting to be rude, I decided to gag it down. From that moment I have loved cheesecake ;).
   The girls had fun helping...





Especially when it came time to lick the chocolate bowl ;)...



Bethani enjoyed taste testing the chocolate graham cracker crumbs as well. That's something else we've never had before...



Even Andrew helped out, see how good he's being while we all work :)?



But, ugh, the mess...



Every mother's dream...children old enough to load the dishwasher all by themselves, while mommy puts the littles down for their naps...



Ahhh, a clean kitchen again...



The cheesecake isn't done yet, tomorrow I'll have to do the glaze and then we can taste it. If it is good I'll let you know, if it's not it's probably because I didn't know what I was doing and I'll have to try again ;).

Don't forget to check in tomorrow for the details on our give-away!!!

4 comments:

  1. Your little ones are just so precious. Cheesecake is the best. Hubby always wants me to make it for them. Blessings!

    In Him,

    Christine

    www.christine-mary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy's Recipes (.com)February 2, 2007 at 4:48 PM

    So, so sweet!! Thanks for sharing! :) I loved your commentary, as well! Wow, ten years! Congrats!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, how did it taste? I ahve been wanting to try some of Tammy's cheescakes, but I need to buy a pan first. We have eaten some at their home and they are delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was very good :)!

    ReplyDelete