Pages

Friday, May 25, 2007

I. did. it.

I made something. I made something with sleeves.



And all of the blood, sweat and tears (yes, I mean that literally) were all worth it yesterday morning when my daughter rose up in her brand new nightgown and called me blessed ;). Maybe I will do it again after all.
I have got a ton of patterns, some even cut out. I have made aprons, doll clothes (all sleeveless), I've done a lot of mending and I could have "whipped up" a jumper pretty quickly but I have always balked at the idea of even trying sleeves and now I know I can do it! I just need to try a zipper and then I'm good to go!
Thanks for the pattern suggestion Tanya :)!

And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it. ~Psalm 90:17

8 comments:

  1. Looks lovely and good for you!! Bri is just beaming too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How strange. The "WAY TO GO!" was from me.


    Hugs from my family to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THat is awesome! I am wantng to start sewing. I've bought patterns, I've bought fabric - I just haven't done any clothes yet!


    THanks for leaving all the nice comments on my posts :) It's nice to know someone is reading....and cool that we have so much likes in common.

    marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! You are so talented, Shelby!

    In Him,

    Christine

    www.christine-mary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks good. I don't like zippers :( I'll do them but I don't like them. I used to not like buttons more but I learned how to use the automatic button hole maker on my machine and I love bottons now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your sweet words ladies :). I'm afraid there wasn't much talent involved ;)...if there were surely it would have been easier :).

    I've been busy this last couple of weeks :). I've altered a few skirts that have been sitting there for months, made another nightgown for Bri and aprons for her and Tori and cut one out for myself. I've just got three dresses, three nightgowns, a valance and a tablecloth to go ;)...that should keep me busy for a while ;). It is only by God's grace that I was able to persevere through the hard times to come out on the other end thinking that I may actually love doing this after all :). I was worried there for a while ;).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sewing can be rewarding. I know at first I wasn't sure I enjoyed sewing, but now I'm so glad I know how and I do enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete