Pages

Friday, May 11, 2007

I've MIRLed :)!

   A couple of weeks ago I Met In Real Life a dear friend, Tanya, a frequent commenter here and a long time pen-pal of mine! Our daughters have also pen-palled for over two years so it was a special time for all of us! They got in kinda late the first day so it was pretty much straight to bed for the little ones but we adults sat up and talked for a couple of hours. It was so surreal to me that my good friend from Canada was actually sitting in my living room! The next morning we had a hearty breakfast, packed a picnic and headed to the zoo. The children got to go into the bird aviary and feed the birds nectar from little cups, that is my children's favorite thing to do at the zoo.

 

Everyone was pretty worn out when they climbed out of the vans back at home. Lee snapped this adorable picture of mine and Tanya's oldest girls together doing what they do best...



So cute:)! The children were all recharged by the time we got through supper and had a lot of fun together, giggling and making memories while we grown-ups got to chat some more.
   They had to leave early the next afternoon and there were tears from our girls when their friends had to leave. I am so thrilled to have gotten to meet Tanya! She has such a sweet spirit and she is so soft spoken! It was such a pleasure to get to visit with her and her family and I am so humbled that they went so out of their way to come to see us! Here are a few more pics...
A sweet one of all of the littles but Tanya's smallest...



I love this picture of our little stair-step daughters! By the way, Bri (my oldest in the red shirt) was the oldest child, Tanya's family is very tall :)...



And here is a group shot...



As you can see, I am very short ;). It was such a neat time!
Thank you again Leif and Tanya!!!

A friend loveth at all times...~Proverbs 17:17

6 comments:

  1. That is so neat! I've always thought about how crazy and awesome it would be to actually meet my pen-pal and/or some of my blog friends. I'm so glad you all had such a lovely time!


    -Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did have a very nice time. This was the first time I ever met a pen-pal or blog buddy before and I would definitely do it again :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a lot of fun!!!!! It's nice to see you all!


    I keep planning to meet some of my online friends and things keep coming up. That's great you had a good time


    marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. We enjoyed our time with you as well!! We are so glad we could meet! We have precious memories... :) While we were with you, I was thinking, wow, we are actually here visiting our long time penpals! :) God is so good!


    Lovely pictures, I must take some time and blog again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your sweet comments.


    You are also a sweet person and I was so encouraged by our visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was such a neat time Marie :)

    Awww...thanks Tanya :).

    ReplyDelete