Pages

Friday, June 22, 2007

She Worketh Willingly With Her Hands...

   Remember this post where I mentioned my loves-to-stop-and-smell-the-roses-girl? Well, she has been hard at work. Very diligently and very patiently.
I made this little sampler when I was eight...



I thought it would be neat for each of the girls to make one similar and then have them all framed. Bri has done a lot of different needlework before so she's doing a great job zipping through her's. This is all new to Tori, I think she was more afraid of holding the needle than I was of giving her the needle ;). She has had to take out and redo many, many stitches but she hasn't sighed or complained even once. It is such a blessing to me to see her steadily and joyfully plodding along :). Here they are working hard...



Tori's precious smile...



I even put Bethani to work refining her fine motor skills with a very blunt darning needle, some plastic canvas, and very close supervision ;)...



She felt like such a big girl :).
   I'll have to update sometime when they are completed and let you know how they turn out. I'm kind of anxious to see myself :).

 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands. ~Proverbs 31:13

3 comments:

  1. that is great. thanks for sharing!

    marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! I really mst start teaching my girls things like that. :) I'll have to show my girls the pics tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I feel like I can't possibly fit this sort of thing into my day but I am always blessed by the time with mygirls when I do :).

    ReplyDelete