Pages

Friday, December 7, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

We had a lovely Thanksgiving. We started the morning with a yummy traditional breakfast of a maple twist  coffee cake, and we listened to a teaching on CD about the pilgrims while we ate. This was Andrew's first Thanksgiving maple twist breakfast...


I think he liked it :)...


Then it was time to start working on the meal! Bri and I had done as much as we could the day before while Tori blessed us by keeping the little ones entertained whenever they weren't "helping". Here is Andrew the day before Thanksgiving kneading some dough while Bethi stood by offering some "pointers"...

   

There was still plenty left to do on Thanksgiving. Lee made the turkey again this year. I have NEVER made a turkey. Ever. And Lee does such a wonderful job I highly doubt I ever acquire the skill, heehee. This year he added seasoning and it was beyond wonderful! We set the table with our special holiday dishes, my mother sent this set of dishes with me when I married. I don't think I have ever eaten a holiday meal at home off of any other set of dishes for as long as I can remember, they are very special to a sentimental person like me. After we had gathered around our table that evening and thanked the Lord for His goodness throughout this last year Lee started getting the Christmas tree ready to decorate and I helped the girls get as much done in the kitchen as possible, then I went to rescue Lee from the two littlest ones so that he could get done ;). Lee had accomplished all but the lights the day before which Andrew had found quite tiring...

   

When we were finally ready to decorate, the children gathered around while I unpacked the ornaments and they ooohhh'ed and aaawww'ed as if they had never seen them before...


Andrew had to get a closer look...


He couldn't quite figure out how to get them to "stick"...


Yes, he is always finding a reason to climb...


It use to frighten me when he would climb around on the couch and on stools, etc. But now that he has graduated to climbing on top of the dining room table I've gotten over the "little stuff" ;). A little perspective is always good :).

A couple pictures of my big girls...



There have been some really rough roads to travel this year but through it all God has always been there making straight our paths.  He has truly been so good to us. Our lives are full of the blessings of God!


I pray you all have a very blessed Christmas season remembering the Savior  Who came to earth, was born and died, that we might live.






Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. ~Philippians 2: 6-11

4 comments:

  1. Love the picture of the kids together in front of the tree! May your family have a blessed Christmas!


    Love,

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again I enjoyed reading about your faily traditions!! All the pictures are sweet, I really like their matching pj's, so cute!! Lovely pictures!!


    Blessings to you and your dear family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about spelling errors, I'm holding baby and trying to type too. :)


    I meant family not faily. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shelby,

    They are adorable in their matching nightgowns.

    Blessings,

    Christine

    www.christine-mary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete