Pages

Tuesday, May 9, 2006

"THEY'RE SPREADING THE MESSAGE!"

My eight year old excitedly proclaimed from the kitchen. I had no idea what she could possibly be talking about and was even more at a loss when I looked up to see her bearing the Cheerios box with a huge grin on her face. "Look Mom!", she said, "They've finally figured it out and they're spreading the message! Maybe now more people will homeschool!". What, you're wondering, could the "message" have possibly been on that Cheerios box? It said, "Your child's favorite teacher: YOU". I doubt Cheerios was approaching it from the viewpoint of homeschooling but you have to admit that that is the logical conclusion!

 Bethani had a wonderful first birthday. Lee was off the day before as well so I actually got the cake done the day before for once :). I made a butterfly (her room is decorated in lavender butterflies) and I have to admit it was the best looking cake I have ever done and very easy! Her special first birthday gift was a sandbox (we've given up quantity for quality, wish we had learned that one a few years ago, but more on that in another post I'm currently working on) and we went to the zoo and then Chuck E. Cheese for supper. I'm not sure exactly how, because we've only been there about four times in nine years, but somehow it has become a tradition to go to Chuck E. Cheese for first birthdays :). She loved the zoo! We let our season tickets expire over the winter so it was like the first time at the zoo for her and she was enthralled. You knew every time she caught sight of a new animal because she would make a sound like she was hyperventilating :)! So, my baby is officially a toddler now. A few weeks ago she would scream if you tried to make her sit through a book, very uncharacteristic for our family! But she finally found one she liked and now it is not uncommon to see her come up to you with a book in her hands and plop down in your lap saying, "ook, ook". Such sweet blessings He has given me :)!
Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
Psalm 103:1 !

No comments:

Post a Comment