Pages

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

You May Be a Homeschooler If...

  When I was little I was in and out of doctor's offices for a few years due to a medical condition that I won't bother to go into because most doctors I talk to don't even know what I'm talking about when I try. Anyway, some of the clearest memories of all of those doctor's visits, aside from all of the needles, are sitting in the waiting room with my dad singing "The Waiting Song", it went something like this... "We're bored, bored, bored, bored, etc. " :). Oddly enough, at five years old it actually seemed to make the time go faster, looking back I bet my dad didn't so much think so :). My four year old has recently reinvented "The Waiting Song", using our recent study of cells as a catalyst. She needed my help with something the other day and I was busy with the baby so I asked her to go into another room and wait for me. It took me awhile to get done with what I was doing and when I came into the room where my four year old was, I found her lying on her back, holding her feet, calmly singing, "All of these cells are bored, all of these cells are bored, all of these...".

No comments:

Post a Comment