Pages

Monday, March 5, 2007

A Mother's Version of "Is the Glass Half Empty Or...?"

   Bethani had the play dough out again today. I try not to tell the girls no when they ask to do messy things like that and I try to say yes cheerfully. I am amazed that we haven't run out of play dough yet considering how much I end up sweeping up after they're done. Today as I swept I found some perspective...Do I see play dough all over the floor, or do I see a rainbow in my dustpan?
   I imagine I could have a pretty spotless house if I didn't have children to clean up after, but the thought of no children is terribly depressing! I would much rather clean up play dough, spilled milk and marbles (I think those marbles multiply!) than to have no little maidens to play with the play dough, to spill the milk and to roll the marbles. Life is good...and my house is a mess ;)..



Where no oxen are, the crib is clean: but much increase is by the strength of the ox. ~Proverbs 14:4

3 comments:

  1. Life is good here too and yes, the house can be a mess. :) But I would not exchange my children for having a spotless house all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great post- what an awesome perspective (playdough on the floor v. a rainbow in your dustpan). Thanks for sharing!


    Love,

    ~Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thanks Brianna :).

    I'm glad I'm not the only one, Tanya ;).

    ReplyDelete