Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Time of the Singing of the Birds is Come

For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of the birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land. ~Song of Solomon 2:11&12

   We've had some beautiful weather here. The yard is in bloom and it is beautiful! I am so blessed to have a husband who keeps me supplied in cut flowers for the house. This is the first year we have had tulips. I love them and Lee sacrificed his dislike of them just for me, maybe I'll let you in on that story sometime... ;). Aren't they pretty? I can't wait until they are in full bloom!


Andrew got his first solo ride with his own set of  "wheels" the other day...



See how pleased he is? It was so cute!



He also had his first taste, I mean, feel of grass ;)...



The grass withers, the flowers will fade, but the soul of my baby will live forever...

Dear LORD, I feel so unworthy of this task you have set before me. Help me to train him in the way he should go and in your grace please cover over the mistakes I will make in my humaness. Hem him in behind and before and lay your hand upon him. I ask these things in Jesus name. ~Amen

4 comments:

  1. You have some beautiful children! My youngest has not yet felt the grass. She turned a year old on March 5th. It's still cold and snowing here! It looks like you have a beautiful garden too! Enjoy! God bless.


    Mama J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!! I'm looking forward to seeing the spring flowers in bloom here. :) Andrew is a cutie. :) Looks like you are enjoying beautiful weather, here is is cold and it was snowing today too. But spring is coming!! I almost used that same verse on my blog, but thought I would wait until is was spring here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Fun pictures :)


    I guess you won't be going to Holland anytime soon to see the tulips.....I can send you some of my favorite tulip picts sometime if you wish to se the beautiful ones they have other there!


    Have a great week.

    marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comments ladies :)! I would love to see your tulip pictures Marie :). Whenever I see tulips they remind me of a family I used to babysit for, they would grow a little patch of tulips behind their home every year :). I got a lot of my mommy "practice" from watching their children :). I still remember how honored I felt when they entrusted their weeks old baby to my care. I am so thankful for the wonderful memories and experience I got from them :).

    ReplyDelete