Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Weird? Me?

   Miss Melanie from Just One Of Four! has tagged me :). Her blog is so named because she is one of four girls :). This young lady has quite the sense of humor and a heartwarming love for the things of the Lord :). Here is her list of "weird" things about herself.
So, here goes mine...

6 Weird Things About Me
~I once drove over 130 miles back home from my Mother's to make sure that I didn't leave the door open. I hadn't that time, but I have before. My sister and I put the drive to good use and went out for lunch before returning the 130 miles back to my Mother's...I now check, check, triple check, and if anyone is with me have them check the door ;)...
~I spent my childhood dreaming of the south and wishing I lived there and now I am dreaming of the day I can be back in the land of beautiful grass and all four seasons. I think I have some work to do in the area of contentment...
~My husbands name is Lee and mine is Shelby. I was born in Lee county in Iowa and he was born in the city of Shelby in NC. We have the same birthday (I was born on his third birthday). The baby of his mother's roommate in the maternity ward was a baby girl named...Shelby.
~I have moved 19 times in my 26 years and have lived in a total of seven states: Iowa, Illinois, Oklahoma, Louisiana, North Dakota, South Carolina and Indiana. You could say I've lived in Texas, I suppose, but as an unborn baby I wasn't exactly interacting with the culture. North Dakota has been my favorite so far but Lee has put his foot down and said it's just too cold up there. So, I'm OK with aiming for my second favorite, Iowa, to settle down in, though we have considered Virginia as well.
~I have been to public school, private school and I was (mostly) homeschooled.
~I collect key chains. I don't mean to, I just see one and think, "Awww, that's cute...". There are three keys among my key chains...



...and one of them is for my very first vehicle that died about five years ago so it just sits there and looks sentimental ;). But look at this one...

...isn't that neat? It's a tiny digital camera key chain! I showed it to Lee and he said I didn't need anymore key chains and then he gave it to me for Christmas ;).


6 Things I Would Like To Do Before I Die
~See all of my children and their families walking with the LORD
~Hold one of my great-great grandchildren
~Turn 100
~Read the Bible in its original Hebrew and Greek
~Travel overseas with my sweet husband. This one may be a bit difficult, I am afraid of airplanes and I'm terrified of simply the thought of being completely surrounded by water so I guess a boat is out. Any ideas ;)?
~Write a book

 "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works." ~Titus 2:13&14

5 comments:

  1. fun to read, not sure I can think of weird things about myself, maybe I should ask dh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Thanks for your comment on my blog. :-) Those pictures you had in your last post were beautiful! Your children are so gorgeous! :-)


    Yeah, you are pretty weird! (that IS a compliment ;-)) Those were fun to read. :-)


    Love,

    ~Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is definitely unique about where you and hubby were born!


    I showed your pictures to my hubby (also a photgrapher) and he really liked the pose and lighting. Most of his shots are from the front or slightly off center, but I think he will try some profile shots since he's seen how interesting and pretty they can be.


    gotta run,

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Hope you don't mind my laughing. Driving all that way back to make sure your mother's door was shut is pretty funny!

    Thank you for your encouraging words about me and my blog. Have a blessed day!


    -Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tanya~ I wouldn't dare ask my hubby, I think he'd have too much fun ;)...

    Brianna~ Thank you so much for the compliment ;).

    Marie~ My parents have the same birthday too. I always said I would marry someone with my birthday and about the time I got old enough to think about how unlikely that was I met Lee. The oddest thing is I didn't know we shared a birthday until I had already decided I was going to marry him!!! (He hadn't asked me yet, I just "knew" :))

    Melanie~I'm glad I could give you a chuckle :), it was pretty silly of me! I think I was pregnant at the time, my mind is mush when I'm expecting!

    ReplyDelete