Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Another Update on Abbi!

Abbi is doing great and has been for the last 30'ish hours! When we took her into the pediatrician I mentioned to him that I was still really worried about the lack of messy diapers, and then the nurse weighed her and she hadn't gained anything in over a week and I became really worried. We have never had that happen before. Of course the pediatrician was concerned as well and went to see if the lactation consultant could see us. Come to find, Abbi is a "lazy nurser with a lazy latch". She was getting just enough to sustain her, but not enough to satisfy her and give her something to grow on. And because she wasn't nursing well (she was nursing a lot time-wise, just not well) my body wasn't producing well. The lactation consultant helped me figure out what I needed to do to help her latch properly and I got some herbs yesterday to help with production. I also nursed her whenever she was awake yesterday whether she was asking or not. Within hours she was a whole new baby. She hasn't had a crying fit since yesterday afternoon. She has had TWO messy diapers just today. We'll take her back tomorrow morning to get her weighed again, if everything is going well she should have gained an ounce or two. The lactation consultant also said that once we get things "moving along" more consistently in her tummy the tummy issues will probably clear up (and it does appear to have already!). 

Thank you so much for your prayers! God is good :)!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is wonderful, I will be praying that this will continue and you will have a content and happy baby. A happy baby makes a very happy mommy. :)


    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that sweet Abbi is doing better. It must have been so scary, Shelby. By the way, how is the ped. about the birth?

    Blessings,

    Christine

    www.christine-mary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete