Pages

Friday, July 14, 2006

When the Going Gets Tough...

We might as well have gone out and bought a new car :). But, hopefully this time they fix the right thing. Yes, they fixed what they told us was wrong and, lo and behold, when they took it for a test drive, more transmission problems!. Unfortunately it had nothing to do with a recall like we were hoping from what they first told us, so we will be charged for the work they did and now for them to rebuild the transmission, negating the work they just did... Anyway, all will be well. Hopefully we will get the van back on Tuesday so we don't have to have the rental car for any longer than we've already paid for. A year ago this would have really hurt, but at this point it isn't beyond our control, praise the Lord! Hubby and I can even laugh about it already, sort of. You can probably tell by all of the posts I've been able to get out of draft mode that I've been trying to take it kind of easy today :). After the most recent estimate I picked up my Hidden Wisdom magazine and it came through for me yet again :). I found myself on Erin Mifflin's article where she addresses the question, when the going gets tough, the tough get going...to where?! To Jesus, of course :).
   Well, I hear thunder in the distance. I love a good rain storm when the girls and I can curl up together on the couch with a good book. Looks like it's time for literature class ;).

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you had such a hard week! Hope this week goes better! Car troubles can be so expensive! I enjoyed HW too, when I read Erin's article, I thought of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your sweet words Tanya, it's nice to know you have friends thinking of you :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been going through some expensive car repairs, too. Yet another thing to add to the growing list of Things the Two Shaffer Families Have in Common.


    Thank you for your comment at my blog. I've been enjoying meeting new people though Homeschool Blogger, and when my brain starts functioning again, I'll get you added to my list of friends. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I feel for you "fellow Shaffer" ;). We were hoping to have our van back today but we haven't heard anything from them...kind of scary...

    ReplyDelete