Pages

Monday, July 17, 2006

That's My Clever Lass :)!

    Last night I asked Bri (8) to help Bethi (1) into her pj's while I started a new load of laundry. Bri says, "Come on Bethi! I'll have you changed in 20 shakes of a lamb's tail!". I had heard her from the hall and called out, "That's one busy lamb!", to which she replied, "Ya, but most people say in two shakes of a lamb's tail and even Aunt Tessa can't make cookies in two shakes of a lamb's tail (family joke, my sister is a whiz in the kitchen :)). If you're going to use the shakes of a lamb's tail you should at least use enough you can get it done in!". What a nut :).
    Earlier that night I had heard Tori (4) calling out, "Oh government! Oh, government!". Totally baffled, I asked her why she was calling for the government and her reply was, "That's who you need when you need help with your children". Turns out she meant "governess", she and Bri had been playing at "Little Women" all day :). I was trying so hard not to laugh that I thought I would cry, and Lee looked as pained as I felt :).

3 comments:

  1. Your kids sound positively adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anon and Tanya!

    They certainly keep us entertained :)! I've got a feeling these funnies have great family joke potential to pass on to the grandchildren :).

    ReplyDelete