Pages

Friday, July 14, 2006

A Place to Lay His Head


    And Jesus saith unto him, "The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay His head." -Matthew 8:20
   This verse has been going over and over in my mind the last couple of days. We are now "officially" ready for baby :). I even bought a package of newborn size diapers while I was out yesterday just so I could tell myself I'm ready :). They are sooo little! I set up the cradle the other day and every time I go into my room and see it in all it's blueness, it becomes a little more real to me :).





  And every time I see it that verse goes through my mind and I am reminded, in a whole new way, just what Jesus gave up when he came to live among us. From "the earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof" to "not where to lay his head". Thank you, Lord Jesus :)!
    To our only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen -Jude 1:25

2 comments:

  1. When we would set up the crib for the new baby, it sure makes it even more real and exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't it though? :) I can't wait to see the little head that will sleep in that cradle :)!

    ReplyDelete