Pages

Friday, August 18, 2006

Awww, My First Tag...

Five things in my freezer:
1. Ice- I'm 36 weeks pregnant and it's summer in South Carolina (Heat Index over 110 last week!). I can't get enough shaved ice!!! Preferably eaten while sitting under the air conditioning vent ;).
2. Blueberries- from a sweet older lady who is always dropping off goodies for our girls on her way home from the grocery store.
3. French Fries- It's French Fry Friday in the Shaffer home ;).
4. Pre-cooked and divided hamburger- makes many meals a snap!
5. Ice cream- I'm 36 weeks pregnant and it is summer in South Carolina...
Five things in my closet:
1. Clothing- Dresses, skirts, blouses, sweaters ("In SC?!" you say. Ya, they don't get much wear which is really sad because I love sweaters!)...
2. Gifts- I've bought the girls when I saw something "just perfect" on clearance and put up for later. Most of their birthday *shopping* was done from my closet last year!
3. Memory boxes- Full of tiny baby booties, coming home outfits for all of my girls, first year calendars, pictures, my baby shower corsages, etc...
4. Extra blankets- We don't use many of these, this is SC...
5. A doll my grandmother made me when I was 4- Her name is Kim ;). She is about 2 feet "tall" with long black braids. When I was about five I drew a big splotch of lipstick on her forehead because she had been *wounded*. Took me until my late teen years to get that stupid stain out...
Five things in my mini van:
1. A car freshener- That doesn't smell anymore but it's still hanging because it is also a frame with pictures of the girls in it :).
2. A couple of things we've picked up for Bri's birthday- Coming up in September,  and we haven't been able to sneak them in unnoticed yet.
3. A bag of books- That a regular customer of Lee's lent to him.
4. Probably a few receipts, candy wrappers, notes of things Lee has picked up for me at the grocery store on his way home from work, etc...
5. A small collection of Wal-Mart bags- Most of us are highly susceptible to motion sickness :P
Five things in my purse/diaper bag:
1. A first aid kit- Of course, anytime I actually need it my purse has been left in the car!
2. My keys- People tease me about my keys all of the time. I don't know what the big deal is, isn't it normal to have nine key chains to hold three keys?
3. A small notebook- Great to have when I see something I'd like to have but decide to wait. I see my note again about a year later when I clean out my notebook and wonder what was so important about it to make me write it down ;). If I truly needed it I didn't need my notebook to remember it....
4. A trim-lined Bible- What better way to redeem those "waiting" moments?
5. A tiny sewing kit- Do you see why I must carry both a purse AND a diaper bag ;)?
Five things in my wallet:
1. Bethi's immunization card- She has her final major round of immunizations on Wednesday, I can't wait to get it over with. Then we get to start all over again with Baby...
2. A Wal-Mart shopping card with a snow man on it- Yes, in SC in the summer, I love snowmen :)! Since we don't do Santa I mainly decorate in snowflakes/snowmen for winter.
3. Coupons- Of course, I always find one or two for something I've just bought, that is so frustrating!
4. A note to remind me of Lee's favorite brand of clothes- I've been pregnant and/or nursing for two years straight now! I can't be expected to remember these things off of the top of my head!
5. My check book- Yes, it is a big wallet. Actually more like a large organized compartment in my equally large purse. Carrying it around kills two birds with one stone. I have everything I need with me and I'm strengthening my arms, you know, "she strengthens her arms" Proverbs 31:17 ;).
Five people I tag:
Well, I don't know that anyone I read hasn't done it yet so, rather than double tag anyone, I'm tagging anyone who reads this and hasn't done it yet. If you do it leave me a link in the comments so I can see it, I think it's a fun way to get to know people!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you did a good job with your tag!!! I was very basic. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had fun doing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are you in SC? I am here too. It would be awful if you were near me and now moving away. Hope you all are doing well and that you have a safe delivery.

    Leigh Ann

    rr2box79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete