Pages

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Room #2: The Girls "Powder Room"

The knowingness of little girls is hidden underneath their curls.
-Phyllis McGinley





"Why a picture of towels?!" you ask. Well, because this room was decorated around the towels! They were a wedding gift from a family I used to babysit and they have become a constant reminder of the desires God has fulfilled in my life. The wee ones who were just a dream when I was rocking other people's babies have become my reality! I never want to take that for granted.
If you look really closely you can see that I glued artificial flowers onto the shower curtain rings, it really adds an elegant touch to the whole room!






I also took some of the artificial flowers and filled a glass bowl with a scalloped top half-way with them for the counter top.






My favorite part of the room is the heart and flowers rubbing on the mirror underneath the swag. It will come off if we ever need it to with a little tape and some "goo-be-gone".
The papers on the mirror are the Ten Commandments. One sheet is straight from the Bible and the other is a short explanation of each. Tooth brushing time is a great time to memorize!
"Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water."
-Hebrews 10:22

1 comment:

  1. Another lovely room! Decorating in very pretty!! Also like the idea about the memorization while brushing teeth. :)

    ReplyDelete