Pages

Saturday, August 19, 2006

I Love Being There to Share in My Children's Epiphanies!


   You know how Answers in Genesis says that all of the Bible can find it's foundation in the first 11 chapters of Genesis? Well, I'm now thoroughly convinced :). Yesterday as we were working through The Seven C's of History Bri said, "You know, the way God created Eve was exactly like the story of the loaves and the fishes.". "Huh?!", I thought, but more politely asked, "How do you mean?". "Well", she answered, "God took a little to make a lot. In one story He made a whole person out of part of another, in the the other Jesus made a whole feast for tons of people out of part of one person's meal.".
   Yep, God is truly the same yesterday, today, and forever...
"I the Lord do not change."
Malachi 3:6

4 comments:

  1. So precious to hear that from the mouth of a child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so exciting for me to see where Bri is now at eight compared to where I was at the same age (not that I was heathen or anything ;) !!!). It is such a blessing to hear them seriously attempting to take *every* thought captive, which has become our family motto :). Even when they hear children's bible songs they don't just swallow them anymore but really listen to the words, and the insights they come up with are things that have never crossed my mind! The other day after hearing "Who Built the Ark?" Bri came to me and said, "They are wrong! The bees didn't come swarming from the hive! There only would have been two of them because bees are too little to sacrifice and two bees can't "swarm"." So funny, I never would have even thought about it :). Isn't it interesting to watch them grow?!

    P.S. Got your letter yesterday!!! It was a great "mail day" :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is neat, I love to hear what they are talking about among themselves while playing too. Sometimes it shows they are actually listening to what we are teaching them. :)


    Letter days are fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Sometimes it shows they are actually listening to what we are teaching them. :) "


    That statement brought a smile to my face, that was exactly what I was thinking when I was typing that up :).

    ReplyDelete