Pages

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Room #3: The Master Bath

Mightier than the thunders of many waters, mightier than the waves of the sea, the Lord on high is mighty!
~Psalm 92:4
Over The Sea
Over the sea, over the sea,
Jesus Savior pilot me.
Over the sea, over the sea,
Over the Jasper Sea.
Over and over,
Like a mighty sea.
Comes the love of Jesus,
Rolling over me.
When I was tiny my mother used to sing with us during bath time. The two favorites were He's Got The Whole World In His Hands and Over the Sea 





Lee designed this medicine cabinet for me. You can't really see the sides very well but there are sea shell rubbings up and down the sides. The ships on the top were dollar store finds :)!







Here is another dollar store find, it is actually a placemat but it looks great on the wall. Isn't it                                                                             fun to be creative?





You can't really see it well in the above picture but we have a copy of Footprints on the wall. One day I would like to frame a matching set of Footprints and The Sailor's Hymn.





Jesus, Savior, Pilot Me (The Sailor's Hymn)



Jesus, Savior, pilot me
Over life’s tempestuous sea;
Unknown waves before me roll,
Hiding rock and treacherous shoal.
Chart and compass come from Thee;
Jesus, Savior, pilot me.



While th’Apostles’ fragile bark
Struggled with the billows dark,
On the stormy Galilee,
Thou didst walk upon the sea;
And when they beheld Thy form,
Safe they glided through the storm.



Though the sea be smooth and bright,
Sparkling with the stars of night,
And my ship’s path be ablaze
With the light of halcyon days,
Still I know my need of Thee;
Jesus, Savior, pilot me.



When the darkling heavens frown,
And the wrathful winds come down,
And the fierce waves, tossed on high,
Lash themselves against the sky,
Jesus, Savior, pilot me,
Over life’s tempestuous sea.



As a mother stills her child,
Thou canst hush the ocean wild;
Boisterous waves obey Thy will,
When Thou sayest to them, “Be still!”
Wondrous Sovereign of the sea,
Jesus, Savior, pilot me.



When at last I near the shore,
And the fearful breakers roar
’Twixt me and the peaceful rest,
Then, while leaning on Thy breast,
May I hear Thee say to me,
“Fear not, I will pilot thee.”



-Edward Hopper 1871

2 comments:

  1. Another nice room! I love the sea theme. I like light houses, I have thought of decorating one of our bathroom in that theme. :) Enjoyed your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a lot of fun decorating. We did it pretty slowly so that we wouldn't have to settle for anything but rather whenever we found something we loved (at the right price, of course ;)) we would add it. We are about to start on thegirls room (s) and our room isn't done yet either, we'll probably have to get furniture to finish ourself for our room. Lee's good at that kind of thing though. I have a few ideas but I 'm still looking for the right price part ;).

    ReplyDelete