Pages

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Room #4: The Kitchen!


I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
-John 15:5

 Ahhh, my favorite room in the house :). When we first started decorating the kitchen in a grape theme it was sooo hard to find grape stuff! A couple of years later it's everywhere!





The baker's rack was given to us. It blends in so beautifully with everything else and gives me                         somewhere to display my "pretties" as well as to store cookbooks.






Can you see this picture a bit over the baker's rack? Bet you would never guess where Lee shot it. In an alley in Iowa. Can you believe it?! I love it!






The crock pot was a wedding gift. Five years later, after we had started decorating the kitchen, we realized it had a grape vine design on it. Funny or sad that it took that long so really notice? You can decide :).






I used more rubbings (Yes, I love those things) to (cheaply!) change a run of the mill canister set from Wal-Mart into a one of a kind creation that looks great in the kitchen. The spice rack, in fact all of the wrought iron stuff, was a clearance find at Kirkland's.







Here you get your first glimpse of my favorite feature :)! Lee hung a grapevine around the top of the wall for me, it gives the kitchen such an elegant feel! My heirloom cream colored china set that we have used for every holiday since our marriage, except for one Thanksgiving that we spent at a buffet during a move, is set along the top of the cupboards. It frees up room in the cupboards and looks "homey".






This was my Christmas present a couple of years ago. It was a perfect gift from Bri and Tori, see the two little grape clusters? One big and one little? I thought it was cute :).







Here is another view of my grapevine. It is draped over the archway and into the dining room on two wrought iron brackets meant to hold plant pots. I love it!





Lastly, I don't have a lot of storage space so I try to get creative. I love baskets. I took this one, ran some grapevine around it and it holds my dish towels and dish rags :).
I've got a couple of more rooms to do but I haven't even taken the pictures yet so it may take me a few days to get them posted.
(You can see my computer in the background!)

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You should come a decorate our home! LOL I like your kitchen! I love the basket idea! I just might do that... :) I have enjoyed the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to bring Lee with me, it's team work :). Whatever I don't think of he does, and he often comes up with a better way to implement my ideas :). The grape "vine" was largely his idea and it is my favorite part of the kitchen :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course!! Bring the whole family!! :) I also wanted to mention, now I can picture you sitting in your nice kitchen when you are on the computer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you might get a kick out of that :). There will be better pictures of my "work area" when I finally post on the dining/school room. And if we move I get to do it all over again ;)!

    ReplyDelete