Pages

Thursday, October 12, 2006

She's Getting too Smart for My Own Good...

   Let me set the scene for you: It was just days after Andrew's birth and Lee, Bri, and I were all sitting on the couch when Lee asks, "What do you want for lunch?", which prompted the whole, "Whatever you want dear...", "I don't want anything in particular, what do you want...", etc., I'm sure you all know how it goes :). After awhile I attempt the catch-them-off-guard-by-batting-your-eyes-and-you'll-get-whatever-you-want trick, which in this case was for someone else to make the decision. I'm not sure why I bother, it has absolutely never worked before :). Anyway, at this point Bri (my nine year old) pops into the conversation with..."Mom, we might as well not try that anymore. I read in Proverbs that it says not to be fooled by batting eyes...". I was stunned at first, realizing she was right ("neither let her take thee with her eyelids" ~Proverbs 6:25), then I couldn't stop laughing...though apparently we need to discuss the difference between a strange woman and a wife ;). I actually can get away with it as his wife, it's just a waste of energy with my husband :)...
   Have I also mentioned that she's a great big sister?





No comments:

Post a Comment