Pages

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Yum!

   We've been married for nearly a decade and I finally got the name on my social security card changed yesterday :). Since I go by my married name it's been a headache every year at tax time and when filling out birth certificate info, but those are the only times it ever comes up so I invariably forget to take care of it until the next time it becomes a headache. Andrew's birth reminded me about it again and I finally got it done. It was not exactly what I would call fun. I do not like downtown and I really dislike tall buildings, and the more windows the building has the less I like it. Of course the social security office down here just happens to be in a really tall building downtown with a good number of windows...but I did get a really sweet lady to take my information. She told me all about the problems her son was having with his teacher and reminded me to always be thankful for my husband because the life of a single mom is hard. It was a really different conversation to have with a perfect stranger but oddly inspiring. I am infinitely grateful for the love and support of my husband and the blessing of my children. Praise the Lord for the precious gifts He has bestowed!

   After we got that done Lee took us out for Mexican to "celebrate" (I'll take any excuse for some good Mexican food!). As we were leaving the restaurant afterwards Lee was helping Tori (our 4 year old) into her seat belt and he told her she had a messy face, to which Tori replied, "Is that why my lips taste so good?!". What a goose :)!





I will praise thee for ever, because thou hast done it: and I will wait on thy name; for it is good before thy saints. ~Psalm 52:9

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting your name changed!!!


    That is cute about what Tori said! I love the cute things they come up with. :)


    ReplyDelete