Pages

Saturday, September 9, 2006

O.K.

   The above ticker was fun for awhile but at this point it is just becoming annoying, it has never seemed to move as slow as it has this last week. Not that the moment it "ticks" over to 40 weeks means I'm done or anything, in fact it doesn't really mean anything at all, so what am I waiting for, right :)? If I go for one more day it will be the longest I've gone in a pregnancy since Bri (who was 8 days late and induced...). Tori was 8 days early and Bethi was 4 days early. I know, I know...they all come in God's "fullness of time", apparently I need some practice in patience :).

   Anyway, a couple of weeks ago we went out to Macaroni Grill with Lee's employees and they presented us with a baby gift, a blanket they had had made especially for the baby. Before you see the picture I have to give you a little background...A couple of months ago Lee's store got a whole new computer system and Lee's store employees are mostly of the "older lady" age group and the two who aren't are also not of the computer savvy types themselves so this has been a big headache for them all, one poor lady is just now catching on to the simple practice of how to clock in :). Luckily Lee is very computer proficient, many times he has called the help desk about an issue and then figured it out himself before they have been able to come up with a solution. When it was looking like we were going to be leaving they were all panicking about who was going to handle computer issues :). Things have settled down somewhat at this point. Everyone is catching on and most of the problems currently seem to be directly related to a poor choice in the program rather than human error. Here is the blanket they had made for our little man:




Isn't it cute? And it is really cushy too, just right for a floor blanket.



Now, look really closely at the material they chose for the backing ;)...




So funny...

7 comments:

  1. I know how you feel, with Benjamin I waited and waited and went over the due date for the first time. I was surprised!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing pretty well at this moment...now, ten minutes from now... ;)

    I'm just hoping we're waiting for the twelth for Bri :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ticker says 3 days left...mine says 29 days. Wanna trade? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would LOVE to have this baby this weekend. I am so ready. I can just imagine how you are feeling right now. You have my uttmost sympathy. Of course, I'm pittying myself a lot these days too...rofl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...if I told you that this is me being "patient" ;). If the due date passes me by... let's just say I feel for my poor hubby who actually has to live with me ;)...

    Seriously, I'm doing pretty good today. He's just so HEAVY! I'm going to laugh if he ends up being the smallest baby we've had yet :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I check here everyday, just to see if baby has arrived yet!! Make you feel better! LOL


    Keeping you in my prayers!!


    ReplyDelete
  7. Then I'm not the only one obsessed?!

    ;)

    EVERY time I call Lee's store everyone wants to know if I'm calling in labor, it's really kind of funny :).

    ReplyDelete